Thursday, November 4, 2010

Christmas...already???

Maybe I'm just uptight, but I went to Michael's craft store last night and they had Christmas music playing! Then I popped over to Lord & Taylor and guess what...more Christmas music! I can't stand it!
I love the holidays as much as the next person but goodness, all this holiday coming two months early sucks the fun out of it! And what happened to Thanksgiving...its like its not even happening this year. I love Thanksgiving; almost as much as Christmas and its a shame we can't even celebrate it properly because we are being rushed by retailers to Christmas in the beginning of November!
Even Lilly has given into the hype by listing their Holiday Gift Giving guide 2010 on their site. I don't want to think about holiday gift giving because its not the holiday season yet.
Maybe I'm being a scrooge but I think each holiday should be enjoyed and cherished; not just a mad dash to the next one.

xxAmy

PS, College Prepster is giving away tcfw note cards!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited about Christmas, but I do agree about Thanksgving being overlooked! I feel like the day after Halloween, everything Christmas instantly appears. It's so sad, because I love Thanksgiving, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't start thinking about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. It is understandable to annoyed by the hype, it can even sour your overall Holiday spirit.

    Hope you get a better mood on it soon...or at least not run into anymore Christmas music before the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete