Friday, September 17, 2010

Asking for help

I'm not one to ask for help; but my way obviously isn't working.

Since graduating from college in May 2008, I have consistent been putting on weight. I exercise regularly (3-4 times a week) and still can't lose. I have bad habits; such as eating dinner at 930 when my husband comes home from work or the occasional pig out.

I was thinking of joining a program; Weight Watchers or something along those lines; via online of course. I was going to join a gym, but working at a school, I have our school's weight room and machines to use for free so it seems silly to waste money on a gym when I can go for free.

What are you doing that works? What advice can you give me? Has a program like WW or something similar worked or failed? How do you stay slim and trim without crazy crash diets or starvation?!?

xxAmy

4 comments:

  1. My sister does Weight watchers and she has lost over 40 pounds with it. It's an awesome program that works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two years ago, I lost 15 pounds by working out (30-45 mins of cardio 4 times a week, and 60 min weight classes 1-2 times per week) and counting calories. That worked really well for me. If I ever feel like I'm putting on a few pounds, I just add another workout session and cut down on calories, and I lose the weight in 2-3 days. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to figure it out but I do know that counting calories is key. There are lots of sites that will help you do that but it takes time every day. Which I have clearly not had any follow through on yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skip the excessive cardio. Skip the WW. I'm not even kidding -- kettlebell. I started doing this program called kettleworx & it has toned me beyond belief, I can actually have cheat days on the weekends without paying for it the rest of the week & I went beyond a plateau (beneath) I never thought I'd break though. What is great about it is that you do it 3x a week for only 20 min. Because you have a weight mixed in it is a more efficient workout. I bought the dvds for the system off ebay then picked up a kb from target. Try it. Amazing. (Also, I read bethenny frankel's book for her approach to food & took those principles though not hte diet to heart)

    ReplyDelete