Monday, September 6, 2010

Back to school shopping!

In preparation for the school year, last Monday, I went back to school shopping. And as much as I would love to be able to buy all the Lilly I want, I have to incorporate some other pieces! I was so impressed with many of the stores I went to; and underwhelmed by other old favorites!

Shops like Banana Republic, Talbots, Gap, Brooks Brothers, even Old Navy all had amazing styles and adorable pieces to enhance any fall wardrobe! From new and different cardigans to chunky sweaters to different tunic styles, these shops impressed me!

Other old favorites like JCrew, Black Market/White House, Ralph Lauren and Lacoste were disappointing! I felt like they were trying soo hard to be trendy and fell away from the classic pieces we all love and expect from the brand!

In other news, I just re-read The Preppy Handbook in anticipation of True Prep coming out on September 7; so excited!!! I loved TPH and hope True Prep will live up to my expectations!
Where did you go for new fall pieces??? What brands are you loving right now???

xxAmy

2 comments:

  1. I was so disappointed in J.Crew! I went into Talbot's the othr day, and they had tons of classic pieces that reminded me of the old J. Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing the same things about j crew...makes me not even want to pop in there this season!

    ReplyDelete