Monday, May 24, 2010

Wedding Pet Peeves!

So, all of our wedding RSVPs are due back this Saturday, May 29. To this day, 5 couples have not RSVP'ed yet and the invites were sent out two months ago! I know 2 of them are not coming so why not just send back the card saying thanks, but no thanks and get it over with! (one is going overseas the weekend we get married and the other just had twins literally a week ago). I can easily assume they won't be coming, but seriously, just RSVP no!
Second wedding-related pet peeve; not sending a card/gift when you can not attend. I went to one girl's wedding a year ago and when she had a baby shower two months ago, I sent a gift and card because I could not be there. She missed my shower 3 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten a card. I'm not even saying I want a gift; because I don't need anything or want her to waste money on her when she just had twins, but honestly; I can't even get a card!!!
Next, generic thank you notes! The same girl who can't send me a shower card gave the worst thank you notes from her wedding; they took no thought or effort; not even hand written!! And there was no note for the shower gift! Its so tacky! Ugh. Where are people's manners anymore!
Okay, rant is over. Thank you for listening.

On a happier note, I ordered new address labels, stationary and sticky notes from Vistaprint with the cutest little alligators on them; also my sorority's mascot! I can't figure out how to put a picture on here but go on the site and check them out; so adorableee!

xxAmy

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I am following you now, too!! Your Yorkie is so adorable!! I am looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and it's so cute! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I agree about the thank you notes, no matter what someone gives me, I always hand write a thank you note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get me started on this rant! It is very tacky when people don't acknowledge a gift with a proper thank-you note. It is one of biggest pet peeves!

    ReplyDelete